Friday, November 25, 2011

Glass Jar and Pear


Glass Jar and Pear            4" x 4"   oil

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and it was a lovely day.  We had the family over to our house and the food was delicious!  Of course we all ate too much, but the time together was very enjoyable.  I believe that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  There are no expectations other than enjoying each other's company and sharing a good meal together.  

Today I spent most of the day in my studio.  I finished up a couple of small paintings and I worked on a pastel painting.  "Glass Jar and Pear" is a painting I started on Wednesday.  Each painting provides me with a specific challenge.  This time I wanted to focus on painting glass.  It can be tricky, but I was satisfied with this particular piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment