Friday, December 9, 2011

Abstract III


Abstract III     Pastel   6.5" x 6.5"

Occasionally you feel a need to get away  from your traditional way of working and just play.  The frustration was getting high and I decided it was time to play and experiment.  When you do an abstract painting you apply the same tools: values, color, shapes, line and texture; however you are not attempting to recreate a specific object or scene.  It freed me and I was able to focus on color relationships and shapes.  It has been fun.  The studio is now covered with little colorful abstract paintings!  (Oh yes!  Thank you Cindy  (my friend and studio mate) who challenged me to spend a week just doing abstracts.)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful abstract...Love that you are stretching your artistic muscles...It's on my to do list as well...I liked the way you explain what is involved in abstract as well as traditional work...so many don't really understand the depth involved in abstract work! Well done!

    ReplyDelete