Monday, December 26, 2011

The Trio


The Trio      Pastel     9" x 5"

It's the day after Christmas and we walked into the studio and felt like we hadn't been in the studio in ages.  Cindy and I were both cranky and tired.  Thirty minutes of conversation and then it was time to paint.  Neither of us were ready to take on  big and serious compositions.  Cindy did a minature still life and I went for the pears.  As I have mentioned before it is easy for me to take myself too seriously and it often leads to frustration.  The past couple weeks, I have looked at each piece as an experiment and I've attempted different approaches.  The pears are a result of laying broad strokes of color in and playing with the edges.  I was fairly pleased with the results since I came in with a rather poor attitude.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring? 



1 comment:

  1. I love your pears! The shadows on the pears pull your eye right across the piece. Great negative shapes too! Keep going girl!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete